Welcome to Books and Novels to Read

News, advice and conversation about the Self-Publishing book industry.



Tuesday, November 1, 2011

John Zunski

I've just added a blog John Zunski to my follow list. You can see his blog at John Zunski Blog it looks good, the content is different and you'll enjoy what John has to say. Have a look.

Here is what John had to say about the Big 6 publishing houses:-

Oct 19 For the past month, we’ve watched or participated in occupy movements across the United States. For those of us who are Indie Authors, I believe it’s time to take a page from the occupy movement’s playbook.  I’ll spare you the details of how the major publishing houses (The Big Six) have monopolized who reads what.
What I’m suggesting will not cost much time or money.  When  considering purchasing  your next read, I ask that you purchase from an Indie Author and spread the word using social media outlets.  Here’s an example:
(Tweet)
Occupy Big Six.  Discontents – @James Wallace Birch   #Occupy #OB6
Include Occupy Big Six, Title, and Author along with hash Tags #occupy and #OB6 and whatever tags you can fit.

If you believe in the democratization of publishing, I encourage you to participate. I believe this is a simple and effective  method to get the word out.  Let’s go viral.

GO FOR IT JOHN, I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

No comments: