Welcome to Books and Novels to Read

News, advice and conversation about the Self-Publishing book industry.



Thursday, September 1, 2011

More information about Books and Novels to Read (BNR)

BNR has now reached another milestone; there are now over 2,000 book entries on the website. I won’t say individual books because there are a number in print and ebook versions. I’d remind you that on all other listing websites if your book was one of the first added then it would now have disappeared without trace, which is not the case with BNR. As the pages fill up with new books page 2 becomes page 1, page 3 becomes page 2 etc etc. With page 1 being relegated to the bottom of the pile. That way everybody’s book gets a chance of being top of the list where it will be seen. As far as I’m aware that is unique to BNR.

You may have noticed that I have added a search facility to the website. I was asked about this and have been in two minds for a while. It will be useful for authors to find their book’s entry within BNR but authors really are secondary to the book buying public. We want them to come and browse, look through the various genres, read the blurbs and buy some books. I’m concerned they won’t do that with the search facility. However in the spirit of co-operation I’ll trial it for a month and see what happens.

I’ve just received the first proof copy of my second novel, A Lucky Break, a time travelling romantic comedy. It has been an ebook for about a year but I decided I would like to hold the book in my hand. I’m going through it carefully checking for any errors but expect to approve it shortly. I’ll let you know when it is.

2 comments:

Joan Reeves said...

Congratulations, Terry, on this milestone. That's wonderful.

I'll weigh in on the Search engine question. I like Search Engines. I have limited time to shop for books so I like being able to plug in the title or the author's name or the genre of book I want.

Helps me find more books suitable to my reading taste in a shorter period of time. That translates into buying more books.

Keep up the good work!

Best wishes,
Joan Reeves

Unknown said...

Tag, your it. See my blog - http://colleenwaitwrites.blogspot.com/2011/09/lets-play.html for complete details. I also sent you a personal e-mail. This is a game to promote blogs around the world.